Celebrate Nepali cultural and social occasions, such as:
- Organize annual celebration of Nepali New Year in the month of April
- Organize annual Bada Dashain celebration in the month of October/ November
- Organize program and activities to encourage Nepali families with young children to be proud of their cultural heritage
- Organize annual summer picnic
Establish a network of communication relationship through:
- Maintaining an up-to-date directory of all members
- Publishing Nepali community bulletin " Namaste " twice a year (One in the Spring and another one in the Fall)
- Maintaining and promoting Oregon Nepali website for instantaneous communication and information sharing
- Preparing welcome kits with relevant information about community, resources and services for the benefit of new Nepali immigrants
Establish relationship with local communities and institutions by:
- Maintain promotional information resources about Nepal and Nepali
- Participate in promotional activities at local communities and educational institutions to promote Nepal and Nepali identity.
Organize to create a Nepal support network fund by:
- Organizing fund raising activities to establish a fund which will be used to provide assistance to the needy people of Nepal
- Collecting in-kind donation drives.
Many of these activities have been organized on an ad-hoc basis in the past. But the formation of this association as a non-profit organization will enable us to organize above activities and more with the resources and support of all members collectively.